Thursday, October 20, 2011

Catching up....

I guess I will refrain from explaining how busy October was for us, or how I almost erased my whole blog-life trying to catch back up. You're welcome...
Now that I've got the blog thing all straightened out, I'm gonna fill in the October gap. Here's what we did!

My friend Julie came to Evansville for a visit this month! She's originally from here, and we met it college, but we kinda traded locations once we got married! She moved close to my family, and I moved close to hers! Weird, but strangely convenient!





Her baby is Henry, and he is exactly a month older than Liam (yes, I am aware that Liam looks like he could eat Henry for lunch, thank you). In between trying to catch up, and trying to keep Lincoln from sitting ON the babies, I managed to catch this shot. I think they're all pretty cute boys!




I also took on a 1/2 bath remodel this month. Thanks to youtube, I learned how to remove a pedestal sink, remove a toilet, reinstall a sink/vanity, put a new wax ring on the toilet (I mean, who knew that even existed?) and reinstall the toilet! Ash was very helpful in RE-installing everything once I got it all ripped out. I think he was scared for his safety at that point... Either way, Lincoln helped us install the vanity. Shoo, he loves tools. Mainly the sharp ones... Yikes.






And Liam is just chill. That's all I have to say about that baby. He just does not care. He goes and does whatever without complaint. He gets sat on, chewed on, toys get pelted at him, toys get stolen from him, and so on - and he just does. not. care... I fear the day that he is big enough to retaliate...







These cool days have been just perfect for a fishing trip or two! Lincoln LOVES to "catch big fish"! And Lord knows Liam would LOVE to participate. He just sits and stares longingly at the water. Sits pretty good for 5 months, though!






Halloween is coming! We've been working on picking out the perfect pumpkins (who am I kidding, I pretty much want every one I see!). We'll just have to see how the pumpkin decorating goes...



We went to a new pumpkin patch this month in Henderson. Cates Farm. It is SUPER cute! There are all kinds of great kid things. A big playset made out of haybales, a cornbox (like a sandbox but shelled corn!), mini tractors to ride, a duck race, and of course a big pumpkin patch!


We also made a trip to Kentucky Down Under with Mim-mim. I hadn't been there in AGES! May have been a little above Lincoln's level, but I sure had fun! He did really love watching the sheepdog work, though...


We have a big birthday to post about soon! Keep an eye out!


0 comments:

Post a Comment