Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Nameless Baby #2...

Dear Soon-to-be-here Still-nameless Baby,

To start, please know I am very sorry that I have yet to name you. I know it's not very nice to keep calling you funny names such as "no-name baby" and "nameless child," but I still have 9 weeks (almost) left to decide, so don't lose hope. Besides, you should probably know up front that your mother is the worlds best procrastinator. Seriously. I'm a pro at it.
So, here we are. You are 30 weeks old in womb speak :). They tell me you are right at three pounds now, and that you are around 16 inches long. You have been very kind to me so far in the weight gain area - as you haven't made me look QUITE as much like a sealion as your big brother did. Speaking of which, please don't be upset when you finally meet him if he tries to give you a whipping. He really does love you, he just likes to give people whippings when they hog my armspace.
You have, just like big brother, set the curse of gestational diabetes on me. Thanks child! (This would be why I say "less than 9 weeks left" - I'm not allowed to go past 39!) However, this time I've been a lot more aware, and less like "hey, I'm pregnant, I think I'll eat six boxes of sweettarts today." Pretty sure you're still growing a good sized sweet tooth in there, as sometimes marshmallow creme just SCREAMS my name! But with you, I've had very different cravings. Is this a sign that you are going to be a pickier eater? No avocados, sweettarts, applesauce, and chinese food this time. Now it's clementines (pretty sure I could eat my weight in them), cheese, chocolate oatmeal cookies (ok, maybe I just love those ALL the time), flavored water (I know, don't ask me, but I sure have been chuggin those things!), and salads. I guess that's a little healthier at least -aside from the cookies...
You have been a mover and a shaker from VERY early on. Felt you kicking around in there at 15 weeks, and your daddy was able to feel you kicking around at 18 weeks. And boy, do you ever kick around! SOOO much more active than big brother, and he sure wasn't calm! You've got to where you wake me up every night around 2:30 -tapdancing. I know, you're just getting me prepared for what's to come! People can see you rolling around in there from across the room sometimes! I must say, I love it.
I'll catch you up on your photo album so far...

Here you are at 8 weeks! Just a little pea!With a strong heart beat! 152 bpmAnd here you are at 18 weeks. What a sweet boy already!Trying to hide your eyes!And the news is out! You are officially a boy! (We knew it all along)

Here's your sweet face at 28 weeks. Your big brother NEVER let us see his face, so you get a special hug and kiss when you get here just for being cooperative! :)You were really wiggling those toes around.And this is a closeup of your profile. Now you're trying to hide your face, but guess what? Too late Mr!

And here is a look at how you're making your mommy grow!15 weeks18 weeks20 weeks25 weeks

28 weeks And currently: 30 weeks! (PS - ANOTHER shout out to Candid Xpressions by Leisa for the AWESOME preggo pics!) Thanks Leisa - You're awesome!
Little boy, I can't wait to meet you! Not long now!
Love you already,
Mom

2 comments:

Shanna said...

Aww!!! Wish you luck with a name and delivery!!

Unknown said...

I love it! So glad we get to go on this journey together this time! Sorry about the gestational diabetes. Sounds like you know how to cope already though! Don't worry, even though our baby has a name, I am seriously slacking on my blog...at least you aren't procrastinating on that! Love you and wish you the best!

Post a Comment