Saturday, August 20, 2011

Dinosaur World!

Mom and I have talked about stopping at Dinosaur world with Lincoln for a little while now. Last weekend, we were at their house and the men had gone fishing, so we thought it was the perfect time for a little trip! I had, admittedly, set my expectations pretty low for this place. I thought there'd be a couple of dinosaurs and that's it. I was pleasantly surprised by the whole place! And Lincoln had a blast! There's a dinosaur themed playground, a dinosaur skeleton buried in sand that you can dig around (pretty much a HUGE sandbox), a museum, a lifesize dinosaur trail (which is kinda long!), a giftshop, and a fossil dig. I have to admit, I had a LOT of fun with the fossil dig!!

Mim-mim and I decided not to take a stroller since we didn't think we'd be there very long... About 2 hours in we decided a stroller may have been a great idea!

We ended up hanging out there for about three hours! And I didn't think it'd even take 30 minutes!



Lincoln digging up fossils - you get to keep your favorite three!

It was a little expensive, but both of my kiddos were free - and we got two free tickets for a return trip anytime in December, so I thought it was so worth it!


"Rawr!!"


This is the dinosaur you can see from the interstate.



Lincoln got to ride a wooly mammoth! (Or a dinosaur elephant as my dad called it)

We had a blast! I definitely recommend it!

3 comments:

Shanna said...

It is a fun place, the girls loved it last year and beg to stop everytime we pass!!

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

Brooke, I was the same way. Since it is in Cave City, my expectations were pretty low. But, we spent half a day there and both boys LOVED it and beg to go back. Glad you all had a great time! Love your blog and your boys are so precious!

Paige said...

It looks like we are from around the same area!! My daughter that is 5 has actually been wanting to go there for a while now, but I had no idea what to except. Although, from the looks of your pictures it looks to be like a wonderful place for a family day!
Your boys are precious!

Post a Comment