Wednesday, May 11, 2011

For Mother's Day...

Dear Lord, It's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since you called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, finding shoes
And other things that children lose


Fitting lids on bottled bugs

Wiping tears and giving hugs

A stack of last weeks mail to read,

Where's the quiet time that I need?



Yet, when I steal a minute Lord

At the sink or ironing board

To ask the blessings of your Grace

I see then, in my small one's face



That you have blessed me all the while

And I stop to kiss that precious smile...



Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

So, that brought tears to my eyes! Beautifully said (and so, so true). Loved the pictures of you and your sweet boys. Aren't boys just the best? You look beautiful! Oh, and I see you are enjoying the matching outfits too!

Shanna said...

Beautiful post!!

Post a Comment