Monday, May 23, 2011

19 months!

As soon as he spots the camera : "Cheeeese"!! I can't believe what a "little boy" baby#1 is turning into! As he crosses the 19 month mark, here are some Lincoln milestones:

We're finally getting some good (or GREAT rather!) weather, and there is nowhere Lincoln would rather be than OUTSIDE (or "a-side" according to him). As soon as we make our way downstairs, he goes straight for the backdoor. My morning mantra: "We have to eat first" "We have to get dressed first" "We have to feed the baby first" and "We have to put on our shoes." Yep, I say all of those every morning... Usually he has already brought me a pair of shoes (yesterday it was my houseshoes) trying to get me to hurry up before I make it to the last request!


Still loves tractors ("Tra-ters") more than life itself. This morning I told Ashley that I would love to take a day and just count how many times he says tra-ters. I would guarantee that by 9 am this morning, he had already said it at least 50 times. Over. and Over... and Over... Dram and Pap got him this cute sand and water table for Easter, and he has worn the thing out!! She accidentally bought a 50 POUND bag of sand for it, and we laughed our butts off at how much 50 lbs of sand really is - but man, am I glad she did! We've already had to refill the thing three times! Watching him play with it really is a hoot.

This picture was taken per Lincoln's request. Camera Hog...

So he now wears 24 months or 2T in everything. We've officially outgrown the 6 extra wide shoe and we're still in size 4 diapers.




He has started telling us when he goes "pee" or "poop." It's actually really funny - he'll be in the middle of doing something and just stop and look at one of us - if it's pee, he'll just grab his diaper and freeze, but if it's poop, he'll grab his butt, grunt, and say "poop." So we've started putting him on the potty a lot (and trying to convince him, when he grabs his butt, he should go sit on the potty!), and although I know it's probably a little early to expect any results, at least he'll get used to sitting on it, right? He did have one little rabbit pebble (HA! - He'll love me for that later) the other night and we made just the biggest deal out of it. He looked at us like we were nuts. Those of you that also facebook - don't worry, I won't be posting everytime he poops/pees on the potty. That drives me CRAZY! I mean, facebook is a little too public to just be discussing poop, right? Ok - rant complete.

This kid is officially part monkey. He will climb on ANYTHING... And honestly, as long as it's nothing TOO dangerous or high, I'll let him. I've learned the hard way that when you try to discourage him from doing something, it just makes him that much more curious... I don't know where he would get that (yep, I hear you laughing mom...)


His vocabulary has absolutely exploded lately, and I officially quit trying to remember words he's said. He will repeat ANYTHING (including explicatives if you aren't too careful....). And although he still has his own language, he is starting to favor that of the English variety on occassion.
He LOVES to be with me in the kitchen when I'm cooking. Really I think he just likes to sit on the counter and eat MandM's, but whatever. I've started bringing our stepstool in the kitchen when I'm cooking and letting him stand on the top step to watch.

And in case you're wondering, he is doing BETTER with baby brother. Now when the baby cries, he'll bring him his paci (as long as he's not trying to suck on it himself!) and he wants to help us feed him sometimes. He's starting kissing him on his own (crazy!) and if he handles Liam rough and we stop him, he's started leaning in and kissing whatever body part he manhandled. It's pretty cute. Still scary, but cute...

We're awfully lucky to have such a couple of cute (although rotten) kiddos...

1 comments:

Shanna said...

Thanks for my dose of "boy", my 2 prissy girls are a whole different sort of fun!! :)

Post a Comment