Thursday, May 24, 2012

Play time - warning picture overload


Please excuse me as I TRY to catch up on blogging...  Thought I would post some pictures of some of our summer fun so far - so I don't get toooooo far behind!
 We have a membership to the Evansville Zoo, and boy, is it ever worth the money.  On days that we just have to get out of the house (moms of boys - ya feel me?), we take off to the zoo.  It's 10 minutes up the road and the boys love it.  The above picture pretty much portrays my life about now...  (He wasn't trying to choke him really, just trying to get him to look at the camera)
 There is a big indoor section of the zoo, called Amazonia, that is a "rainforest" exhibit.  So many times during the day, they have rainshowers.  Children love it, mothers/iphones/cameras hate it...  Lincoln especially loves jumping through the mudpuddles!
 Oh, and our favorite part!!  The fountains!  When it's hot out, I just plan on bringing a change of clothes for the guys.  I guess you can see why.  It's a hoot watching them.  Side note:  Funny Gross story:  The other day, we were playing and there was one other little boy in the fountains with us.  His mom was standing by me, and for some reason (?) kids peeing in the fountain got brought up.  So I was all, "yeah, I'm sure it's happened" and here is what followed... 
Gross mom:  "it's as good a place as any I guess!  Hey Evan (gross kid), do you need to peepee?  If you do, you can just go here!" So, I'm waiting for her to say JUST KIDDING when I see said Evan start to pull his pants down.  Oh, it gets better, gross mom says, "no, don't pull your pants down, just pee in them, it's okay!"  Yeah.  I don't even know how to react to this.  Then she says...wait for it..."Just sit on this fountain and pee honey!"  Needless to say, I removed my children immediately and alcohol gel'd them thoroughly when we got to the car...

 On our latest trip to mim-mim and pap's house, they had caught/kept a box turtle for Lincoln to check out (cause, you know, us city folk, we don't see turtles -- *rolls eyes at mother*).  But seriously, it was super cute.  Lincoln named him Pickle Pickle (which, by the way, is what he names everything lately).                                            I kid, MimMim, I kid...  ;)
 Liam loves, loves, loves to ride in the mule.  I think he may be even more of an outdoor fan than Lincoln!
 I mean, how cute is this?
 MimMim also managed to catch a frog while we were playing outside.  Clearly Lincoln wanted to hold it...  Or not...  Liam, on the other hand, wondered if it was edible.
 MimMim and Pap are pretty awesome, folks.
 They got the sprinkler out for these yahoos, and they had a blast!  I think Pap and Daddy had fun, too!





Wore this little stinker out, that's for sure!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment