Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Finally - Liam's Nursery!!

With the help of a few different people, I am proud to say, the nursery is FINALLY finished!! And with two weeks to go! I have procrastinated on this nursery by no fault of my own actually... Had to wait on a couple things to arrive before I could finish everything! We decided to go with a train theme. It was super hard for me to find a "theme" for Lincoln - as I'm not as fond as boy stuff as I am girl stuff - so finding theme #2 was especially hard! I'm super happy to say that I LOVE how it turned out! Hope Liam loves it too! Lincoln sure loves it!
On our first attempt at getting things together, we were short a few crucial decorating pieces, so we ended up just going through tubs of clothes and occassionally breaking out in dance ;)
Once we FINALLY got all of our furniture in (what a debacle!), Lincoln was more than happy to help daddy put it together. He is quite the worker!
Here's what my boys thought of my picture taking while they were trying to work!
Yesterday, I got my paintings in - which was the KEY piece I've been waiting on! Yay!! Mom was up to do her Monday babysitting thing (yep, she's pretty much the best), and she stayed today to help me rein Lincoln in while I had an ultrasound (hello 7 pound Liam!). She ALSO helped me get the rest of the nursery decorated!
I've had the vinyl tracks for a while, but couldn't hang them til the paintings came in (thanks Snazzydoodles!). I couldn't decide exactly where I wanted them, but after mom held them up in different spots to give me ideas - we took off!
Mom OBVIOUSLY had to hang all of the pictures. I have a strong aversion to levels - I'm more of a "hmm.. this looks kinda straight" picture hanger... Since I wanted the room to actually look CUTE - I made her do the hanging!
Finished track project
Aunt Kristen made that adorable throw... LOVE LOVE LOVE the Pottery Barn bookshelves. Perfect for our growing train book collection (okay, so there's only 4, so what...)!
Final Bed stage! This child will definitely know his name!
I'm so in love with this little room! I can't wait to see baby Liam sleeping soundly (which I'm SURE he'll do) in that sweet crib... Thanks mom and hubby for all the help!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

LOVE the room, so adorable!!

Brittany said...

Found your blog today!! What a sweet family you have:)

I have two little boys too - Luke and Layton! So, I LOVE "L" names too! I've already said if # 3 is a boy (we are not pregnant, just future thinking here) that I love the name Liam.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'll be following your sweet family!! :)

Post a Comment