Friday, February 25, 2011

Funny boy...

I can't believe I hadn't thought to add this to the blog until today! This has been happening for a while now, and it always gets a good laugh (especially from company!).
As you know, we have a dog. Moose. Moose just turned 6 this month! Happy Birthday Moose! Either way, Moose is a really good dog. He always sits on the rug when coming in from outside so that we can wipe his paws off. And he always sits and waits patiently by his food bowl when we are feeding him, until we say "go get it." And, most importantly, he ALWAYS sits on one of our rugs in the kitchen when he thinks it may get him a treat.
Rewind about a month ago, Lincoln was searching through the pantry for his pick of snack. He pointed to some marshmallows, and I grabbed them. He immediately took off running into the kitchen, sat on the kitchen rug, and waited for me to bring him his snack. I got tickled, wondered, "where'd he pick that up?" and moved on. Every time since, when he asks for some type of snack - he again, runs to the rug, sits and waits. Only for snacks. When it's time to eat a meal, he heads for the high chair. Now where do you think he woulda picked that up?
Even at Dramaw's house, when she offers him fruit snacks or crackers, he takes a look around for the closest rug, and runs to stake claim on it! This kid is a nut!

I know I've mentioned before how much he loved that little chair I ordered for him from Land of Nod for Christmas - but now I think he just loves a chair. Period. Any small chair he can fit in. Found this one at T-R-Us the other day and thought it would be a good one for outside this summer. Oh, but we couldn't wait that long! Found it in the hallway and had to get it out NOW!

I'll tell you what, this one-man-wrecking-crew sure can stir up some laughs!

A good friend of mine, an OT turned photographer, took some maternity pics for me yesterday (pics to come). I was really hopeful we'd get some cute ones with Linc kissing my belly, or with his hands on my belly or something... No dice. We DID manage to get a few of him desperately trying to escape the backdrop. And trying to climb out of my arms. And grabbing Ash and I and trying to pull us away from the area... Granted, I think we did manage to get two, maybe three good ones with Lincoln. The rest are me, ash, and my massive belly... But they are so cute, she does a GREAT job! If you are in the Evansville area and are looking for a great photographer, Candid Xpressions by Leisa!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment