Saturday, February 12, 2011

CMOE 2-11-11

(Please ignore evil hawk claw above!)
Last Friday, mom and dad made a little Evansville trip to see Mr Stinker (and me too they say, but I know better!). They hadn't seen him in over a week, and that's just NO GOOD!! Mom was afraid that he would have forgotten her, but alas, as soon as she walked in, Lincoln started laughing and running for her. My mother... The source of the nickname Dramaw... DRAMA -w. But I love ya! Is he a sweetie or what?
We took a Lincoln day and went to the Childrens Museum of Evansville (CMOE). I had really been wanting to go, but was afraid most of the stuff would be too BIG for Lincoln. I was wrong! Granted, some things were too "old" for him, but there was plenty for him to do!


Downstairs is the "wet deck" with lots of water and balls to throw around in it. I was warned to bring him extra clothes due to the water, but I didn't think about his shoes!! He loved splashing around and throwing the balls into the huge "toilet" (well, that's what it looked like to me!).

There was also a "construction" room, with lots of supersized legos, foam blocks, and a dinosaur dig pit. And I'm not so sure about this bucket - said Lincoln was 29 pounds? Sounds a little on the heavy side to me - but I sure wasn't about to step on there and test it!

Lincoln wasn't so sure about walking around on the rubber mulch in the dino dig pit, but after Pap started digging, he dove right in!


There was also a nice sized rice pit in that room. What a cute idea! I think I had rice in my shirt, hair, and maybe in my boots by the time we left. He really liked throwing it around!

I don't really remember the name of this room, but it had lots of things to climb on (mainly for bigger kids) and lots of balls to throw around. The balls were pretty intriguing....


But since he couldn't climb in the gym area on his own, Dramaw volunteered to climb with him and go down the big spiral slide (thanks dramaw - pregnant ladies don't climb easily!).

Not so sure that he was loving the slide!
There was also a really cute "rain" room with lots of wind chimes and soft blocks to climb on. It casted a super weird shade of blue on everything... Really messed with me!


And, Lincoln's favorite part was the music room. There were lots of drums, cymbols, a piano, cowbells, and tambourines. I don't think Lincoln had ever played on a piano, but he sure loved it! And seriously, how cute is this?


He's like, "Dram and Pap, check it out!! This thing makes noise!"
Remove Formatting from selection
Definitely one of Lincoln's favorite parts was the big nose! He climbed in and camped out! Literally got to be a "booger."

He really loved CMOE, and I think he could've stayed all day! BUT - I dont think he was the only one that had a good time:
After our museum adventures, we ran to Newburgh for a little lunch at the Tin Fish. Oh, fish tacos - how you are loved! :)
Lincoln loves his Dram and Pap... Do you think the feeling may be mutual?


2 comments:

Shanna said...

What a cool place!! Can't tell he is loved at all!! :)

Emily V. said...

Looks like such a neat place, may have to get more details and take little man this spring. He is too cute!

Post a Comment