Monday, October 19, 2009

Homebound...

You know, I really can't complain toooo much. I've had a easy pregnancy so far! No morning sickness, no real aches or pains, and I haven't even been tired that much! Okay, so there IS the gestational diabetes thing, but it really doesn't cause any problems other than having to poke my finger four times a day. But seriously, there could be SO many REAL problems! I just had to remind myself of this fact last Friday.

Routine weekly checkup day. I was having such a good Friday, all prepared to head to Edmonson County for a weekend of fun activities. Saturday mom and I were Glendale bound, Saturday night was the 10 year class reunion, and Sunday was Melissa's baby shower. So imagine my surprise when good ole doc strolls in and says, and I quote, "change of plans, you're not going anywhere this weekend." First hormonal instinct: "You're not my boss!" Second hormonal instinct "If that nurse wasn't standing there as a witness, I'd pull your hair out lady" and Third hormonal instinct "Oh Crap... She is my boss..." To which the tears started. As you know, I DO NOT like being told what to do. I know, it's a shocker... My poor husband just looked at me, fear looming in his eyes... Bless his heart, he sure has learned how to deal with me! When we (wordlessly mind you) finally made it to the car, he just said "Sorry honey" to which I replied, "I'M GOING ANYWAY!" and you know what that smart man said? "Okay" Yep, that's right, he went right along with me as though I was a sane person. It's probably important to know that my blood pressure is quite elevated, and this poor doctor was right in keeping me home... But the fact that she TOLD me I couldn't go anywhere!! How DARE!

I know that poor doctor deals with crazies like me (ok, probably not that serious) on a daily basis, but I could almost see the laughter in her eyes when she asked me if I needed a note for work and I said (with a highly elevated tone) "I can't even work???" So, that was it for me. "Homebound" status. Which I actually learned is MUCH better than bedrest. I can actually leave the house for short errands, but I am not to be on my feet long, not to vacuum (darn!), or do anything strenuous. When she gave me this news, this is what I heard, "You are never to leave the confines of your bedroom again! You may not talk on the phone or have any contact with the outside world!" Sooo, I may have been a little dramatic that day?? It took my poor husband to explain to me what she REALLY said I should/shouldn't do later.

It's not so bad. Mom came up today to keep me company and we actually snuck out to the mall in the search for a "coming home" outfit. SSSHHhhh!! We did manage to get pedicures, which HAS to be good for your blood pressure, right?

In other fun news. I finally got my pumpkins carved! Ashley is so sweet to play along... Here are a couple of pictures of our work:
Of course, Moose had to help us out. He sniffed out the pumpkin guts and made sure no one stole our carving knives while we worked. What a good boy...







1 comments:

Shanna said...

At least you only have a couple of weeks left!! Hope you are doing great!! I don't carve a pumpkin without thinking of you :)

Post a Comment