Monday, October 12, 2009

Gettin there!

Well, the countdown continues! We officially have 23 days left (at the most, mind you!) before baby Lincoln arrives! Not that I'm compaining or anything, but I tell you what, I am READY... Maybe not so much ready for the responsibility of a new life, but definately ready to be able to see my feet again (which is important too, right?). At this point, even when I do get the rare chance to see them, they no longer look like mine! I have found that support hose (yep, just like grandma wears) seem to be at least helping my feet to fit into my tennis shoes... Now that the weather has cooled down, the two pairs of flip-flops that I could actually still wear seemed less appropriate? Since NO other shoes were fitting me, I decided to make a Payless run. I mean, I'm not into spending a bunch of money on shoes to wear for one more month! Luckily, Payless has some pretty cute little flats! I didn't know where to start sizewise, but I did end up TWO SIZES above my normal... Yep, that's right, from a size 7 to a size 9. Oh, well. I'm just hoping (beyond hope) that they do eventually return. My shoe addiction has been missing me lately.....
In other news, I guess I really am beginning to "drop" as they say. Even though I've had people saying "Oh, my you've dropped" since I was 4 months pregnant (yes, I've officially heard it all...), I can actually say they may now be correct. Feels at times like there may be a bowling ball between my hipbones... And, on another note, I am officially dilated 1cm. Not that that means too much in the world of child delivery! Kinda made my poor husband a little jittery! I guess we should probably be packing a bag soon!

Finally remembered to take a picture with the in-laws this week. I think it's the first picture we've taken since last Christmas! We forget it everytime we are together! So, here are the proud grandparents, Nanny and Papaw:
Also had two more showers since last posting! Jackie and Lindsay threw one a couple weekends ago at the Pie Company, many good friends made it and it was a blast!
The girls at work also had a shower at Olive Garden. We had a very spirited conversation about the things people never tell you about until you are already pregnant and it's TOO LATE!! Pretty sure we scared Emily and Kristi out of ever having children! It was a good time, as usual with those girls...

1 comments:

Shanna said...

LOVE the 1st picture!!!! So glad your countdown has begun!!

Post a Comment