Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Search for the Perfect Tree!

Have I mentioned that I'm not a fan of real trees? Either way, I'm not. There's just something
"perfect" about an artificial one! You can put them up WAY before Christmas, they don't lose needles, they aren't crooked, there's no bare spots, you get the idea... So this year, I'm not sure what came over me, but I decided maybe we should try a real tree for downstairs. Ashley LOVES a real tree, so he was more than excited about it. So we took a Sunday and headed out to Sycamore Valley tree farm to find the *perfect* tree. It was a little harder than I thought! This one is too tall, this one is bald on one side, this one is too short......

And this one had to take a "tree-hunting" break to show off his muscles....


Lincoln got bored about 1/2 way through the search and that made it REAL interesting... This is the result of asking him to be in a picture with mommy and Liam...


Then we had to stop to "pee on gass"


On the other hand, Liam was in hog heaven! Getting packed around all day long out in the fresh air, perfect!

I mean, look at that face! He's like, "oh yeah, I've got these parents whooped!"


Lincoln got a little more involved once I offered to piggyback him around. ;)


We finally found our tree and a guy came by to "ring 'er down" (as Nathan wouldve said when he was little). Lincoln was a little creeped out by this guy.


They netted it and put it on the car for us.


And we took her home for setup! Seriously, look how crooked this poor tree is... It took a new stand, rocks, bricks, and being thrown across the yard once to get it to stand up right... And no, it wasn't me who threw the tree... Once we finally got it standing, I coulda cried. Poor crooked tree... So ugly...

But once she was decorated, I have to admit that Ashley was right, she was a beaut!

1 comments:

Paige said...

How fun! We got a real tree this year too and I was just saying last night that it was looking crocked as well. But how can you not love the smell of a real tree? It makes the Holiday season even more fun!

Post a Comment