Sunday, August 15, 2010

Oh, the places you'll go.... A chronicle on crawling...

Isn't it amazing how fast babies can crawl?? There for a week or so, Lincoln was just a putterin along, in no hurry... Then:This is the view we get of him most often (okay, not normally naked, but you get the drift)

Turn your head for a split second, and guess what?? We find the doggy bed! I know mom, you'll have nightmares over this picture for weeks! (I can hear her now, "how can you let that baby get in that dirty dogs bed?? Go give him a bath!") But hey, looks comfy right?

Turn your head for two split seconds and this is what happens!! Talk about Dramaw's nightmares! That's right, I walked into another room and when I returned: no baby... Walked around the corner and there he is! Just having an alpo snack!
Now this, on the other hand, gives ME nightmares! Stairs!! With ceramic tile at the bottom!! And no gate!! Anyone have any advice on where to find a gate for, quite possibly, the most complicated stairway in the world? It's not really that complicated, the handrail is just extended further than most and is giving us FITS trying to find one that will work!! I have to say, he's pretty daggone good at climbing those suckers (with us following of course)!!

Nothing is more fun that water to this kid! He screams like you've amputated his leg when it's time to get out...


Oops, stuck under the chair! And no, normally I don't store my dining room chairs in the living room. I was mopping for your information.... Either way, stinker decided to try to crawl under them to get to me, and before you know it, he was stuck in the middle!



This is a personal favorite... I'm in the kitchen cooking, and I hear a clanging noise. I walk over to look into the living room and Lincoln has this dirty looking stuff on his face. Upon closer observation, I noticed that he has learned to remove our heat/air registers and reach way down in there to find any dust bunnies that may be hidden!


And this is Lincoln's favorite spot in the house: where he can look outside! I swear you could stick him outside and he'd be fine all day! If you walk past the door and don't go outside, I assure you, you will hear about it...

Incase you are wondering why there are so many pant/diaper-less pictures of stinker, this picture would serve as a short explanation of why... Before you can even get a diaper off, he has flipped over and is TAKING OFF!!! Sometimes it takes a tagteam effort to get the diaper on, so sometimes mommy just doesn't struggle for the pants... So shoot me...



And this would be how I find him every morning now. Except for this morning, when I went in to a baby with a black speckled face... Yeah, guess who was nibbling bits of the crib off?? Think we may be teething??

And another fun finding! These things mommy calls drawers open and close AND they store all kinds of fun stuff that I can spread around the kitchen!!
I've had to lock most of the cabinets, but a few of them I just let him go!
What can I say? We officially have a crawler!












3 comments:

Shanna said...

Such a fun age!! Love the pictures!!!

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I remember those days. Preston is so mischevious now. We never know what he is going to do when we turn our backs. Little boys keep you busy, huh?

The Alexander Family of 4! said...

it is a whole new world when they start crawling. Wait till he can climb on top of the kitchen table and throws everything in the floor! My poor table had dings and knicks because both of the boys loved to get my candlesticks and holders (that are shaped as palm trees with sharp pointed edges) and pretend they are hitting a ball or something. Oh well, isn't it totally fun and worth it??!a he is a total cutie!

Post a Comment